Phono-Graphix is remarkably straightforward and sensible,
encouraging its popularity among teachers and parents since 1993.
- Content is based on the nature of the English code as described by linguists.
- Instruction progresses from the sound to the symbol.
- Lessons employ the requisite three skills to access such a code, as understood within the field of neuroscience:
- segmenting, blending, phoneme manipulation.
- Because our clientele are children, the above is taught in keeping with the way children learn;
- through paired association embedded in engaging and straightforward lessons.
- Lessons are errorless.
- Every response which doesn't produce a meaningful answer becomes a highly teachable moment which does.
- Memory networks are laid down through multiple bidirectional instruction:
- sound to symbol/symbol to sound, and
- each response is reinforced by accuracy.