Get Certified in Phono-Graphix!
Our practitioners make a difference in thousands of children's lives every day - in classrooms, clinics, pull-out and RTI programs, bilingual and ESL programs, Waldorf and Montessori schools, pre-schools, home-schools, speech and language pathology practices, volunteer literacy projects and adult literacy programs
Our Phono-Graphix certification courses are designed to show you exactly how to replicate the results achieved at the Read America Clinic in Orlando, Florida, reported in the Orton Annals of Dyslexia and other clinical studies. The Orton Annals of Dyslexia study included 87 children ages six to sixteen, 44% of whom were previously diagnosed as learning disabled. In a twelve hour remedial course, 98% of the children reached grade level reading. The remaining 2% needed additional time in therapy. Remediation time averaged only twelve hours. Average gains were just over two years in real word reading and four years in nonsense word reading (decoding). In subsequent work at the clinic, the shortest time in which a client was remediated was six hours and the longest time was 36 hours.
Our courses will prepare you to teach new and emerging readers and to remediate reading problems at any age or ability, clinically one-on-one, in small groups and in classroom settings.
As a certified Phono-Graphix practitioner, you will be eligible to join the professional Phono-Graphix Association of Reading Therapists, allowing you to get exclusive offers, network, interact, and reach out to thousands of potential clients through our website.
Read what some of our online trainees have to say:
"The course really simplifies reading the English language. All the principles taught are clear and concise and make perfect sense. English is a difficult language to read because of all the "exceptions to the rules" but this course clarifies and puts meaning into the way words are spelled and pronounced. The lessons are simple yet effective and the student quickly progresses which increases his\her confidence in their reading ability. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their English language skills."
Roxanne Salisbury, Swakopmund, Namibia
"I have found the course invaluable and have enjoyed it immensely. It gave me the opportunity to brush up on my teaching practises. My confidence has been boosted and i have been inspired to be more adventurous. The whole internet thing daunted me! So i learnt by discovery. Be it at times after i had made silly mistakes. But isn't that the way to learn? The students i have taught and paticipating in this course has confirmed to me that i must keep trying to bring Phono-Grphix to the attention of everyone. This paradigm shift will happen! So don't be a thinker and linger. Don't dally with P-G. It will enpower inspire and just think what you could do!"
Denise Gummer, Benfleet, Essex, UK
"The online Phono-Graphix course was excellent. It was very interactive with many hands on activities, as well as excellent articles. I enjoyed watching the developers work with some clients and provide good modeling and feedback to the clients. It also served to reinforce some similar techniques that I use with the small groups and clients that I see. It is definitely worth the time and effort!"
Catherine Patterson, Potomac, MD
"I loved this course! I feel for me as a SLP it's the missing piece for teaching kids how to decode. I appreciated that Erin took the time to provide feedback after the Pink, Blue, and Purple assignments. Her insights and suggestions were invaluable."
Christine Hwang, Rockville, Maryland